- My name is Maytee Segura and dance is my passion and life. I am an independent dance teacher and performer creating, staging an teaching my dance work in public spaces around Northern Ireland
My training includes techniques such as contemporary, classical ballet, Mexican folk, Hawaiian and Laban creative movement. Since graduating with distinction at the Performing Arts Department of the Belfast Metropolitan College I have been focusing on developing my own style of movement. Using my body as a creative medium of communication.
You can see my full CV here
- Early years and the role of dance and movement to support the physical, social and emotional side of childhood development
- Functional Movement as a way to improve my own movement and help students to reach their full potential
- Capoeira as a path to discover a new range of dynamical movement for my body
- Yoga and how this ancient physical and spiritual discipline helps to unite the mind, body and soul to achieve a happier and more balanced life. Check my Yogarainbow programme for kids